Charge Capture and Payment Posting
Healthcare Providers who understand the benefit of outsourcing their charge entry process choose AnnexMed because of our ability to achieve results. Why does our processes work so well? Firstly, our staff is highly trained in the charge entry process and guidelines. Secondly, we are committed to adding qualified staff as we grow in order to keep charge entry associates from becoming overloaded. We also monitor workload and productivity and make caseload adjustments as needed. Thirdly, our innovative procedures ensure extensive editing and audits are being performed on electronic claims prior to their transmission to carriers.
Our charge entry professionals enter charges into your Practice Management System based on the protocols related to each specialty, insurance carrier and state. Our certified coders (CPC, CPC-H and CCS) will provide guidance on proper use of modifiers, accurate placement of CPT codes and the correct combination of CPT and diagnosis codes. You can be assured that AnnexMed will have sufficient manpower to get your average daily volume of charges entered within 12 to 24 hours of receiving the complete information. We have expertise in processing charges for all specialties with appropriate coding, state and specialty rules. CCI edits or specific board specialty association guidelines are used to ensure compliance in areas including unbundling, CPT code pairing and proper use of modifiers.
- Turnaround time of 12 to 24 hours
- 99% error free on first claim submission
- Expertise in multiple states, specialties and software
- Trained in regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care
- Experience in processing workman’s compensation and no-fault claims
- Scrubbing of all claims before submission for fewer denials and low payments
More healthcare service providers are turning to AnnexMed for their payment posting services than ever before. The reason is simple: AnnexMed combines payment posting and denial management expertise with a pragmatic approach that delivers sustained, measurable value to our clients.
Accurate and timely payment posting is critical to the success of any healthcare provider’s business. Lapse in posting can easily result in reduced revenue, poor provider and patient satisfaction. A thorough understanding of reimbursement contracts, payer guidelines and reasons for claim denials is necessary for successful revenue collection. Less trained or under-qualified staff members typically make errors during payment posting— flooding practices with patient calls to resolve their queries. Whether you have electronic lock-boxes or receive hundreds (or thousands) of EOB’s mailed to your office, this information must all be posted to a patient’s account in a timely manner. AnnexMed can manage this entire process for you. Not only do we take away the headaches, we also deliver superior performance across many parameters such as higher accuracy, productivity and significant reduction in denials
Key benefits of our Payment Posting Process
- Accurate payment posting process helps analyze the revenue cycle better for improvement opportunities to maximize revenues
- Payment posting also involves posting adjustments and denials which help identify reason for problems and resolve recurring problems
- Primary payment posted correctly leads to accurate Secondary Payer Billing
- Reduction in errors due to verification of all payments posted
- Improved cash-flow & patient satisfaction helps handle new clients with ease